REIQ Flood Support – Fundraising support for agents and people in need
The REIQ has collected donations from the real estate industry to support the agents, agencies and communities that have been heavily impacted by the recent flood disaster.
50 percent of the funds raised from Go Fund Me donations will go towards supporting Queensland agents affected by the crisis. The remaining 50 percent will go to the REIQ’s partner Q Shelter, who will use the funds to provide direct rental assistance support for domestic and family violence victims who have been affected by the floods. Any leftover funds not required by industry will go to Q Shelter to support flood victims getting back on their feet.
How Industry Funds will be distributed
Industry Funds will be distributed as grants of $1000 to eligible members of the real estate community who have been affected by the recent floods in Queensland and require assistance.
- Agencies that have had their premises partly or wholly damaged and have had to relocate or work from home (whether or not they have received rent relief from their landlord)
- Agencies that incurred a loss of property, inventory or business assets such as signage, computers, cars, office equipment
- Agencies that have experienced a loss in income as a direct result of office closure, inaccessibility and clients’ properties being impacted by the flooding event
- Agents that have personally suffered loss of their property including real estate, cars and other personal property
- Agents/agencies that require mental health support due to the distress of the flooding event
- If one or more of the above apply, the applicant is still eligible regardless of whether an insurer has paid out a claim
To apply for a grant, please send a letter to email@example.com including the following:
- Your name, address, agency, contact details
- How you meet the above eligibility criteria including a description of what damage/loss was sustained and costs you have incurred
- The bank account details for where you would like the payment made
We may contact you for further information or supporting evidence. The REIQ must be satisfied that the applicant is eligible to consider an application.
The total funding pool of $14,057.83 will be distributed in a single round, closing on 31 May 2022.
Flood Support Auction
The auctions have closed – thank you to everyone involved for their support.
The REIQ is proud to promote and sponsor the Flood Support Auction. All funds raised will be used by inCommunity and Beddown to directly support people affected by the 2022 floods in Queensland, especially those who have been made homeless or are facing homelessness. InCommunity and Beddown have a significant network of community services across impacted areas and can ensure funds are used where they are needed most.
The Flood Support Auction will be staged in two formats across 11 to 13 April 2022 in partnership with Market Buy and Apollo Auctions.
- 11-13 April, Online Silent Auction – with Market Buy
- 13 April 4pm-5pm, Live Online Auction Event – with Apollo Auctions
There are incredible items to bid on scroll down to view the full-range and register to bid!
Online Auction Items
Online Silent Auction live from 11-13 April 22 with Market Buy
- Beth Mitchell Rising Sun Original Artwork 100cm x 65cm valued at $2,200
- A one hour, one-on-one drinks session at One Fifty Ascot with AFL Legend turned property guru Jason Akermanis, including a signed jersey
- A Weber Family Q Premium Gas Barbecue valued at $849, sponsored by Aon
- A poolroom package of sports memorabilia, including items signed by Ian Healy, Steve Waugh, 1948 Australian ‘Invincibles’ cricket team, Greg Norman, David Ian Campese AM and Steven Bradbury plus more – donated by REIQ Chair Peter Brewer; Damien Keyes from Keyes & Co Property in Townsville with the Laing Family; and Stuart Watts of @realty Tamworth
- A 2022 season Gold Coast Titans Men’s Home Jersey signed by the full 30 man squad and coach, donated by Daniel Alexander of LJ Hooker Southern Gold Coast
- A 2022 season Broncos Men’s Home Jersey signed by the squad and coach, donated by Josh Kindred of Kindred Property Group
- A Lionel Messi Jersey, signed by the universally-recognised greatest footballer in the world, donated by John Hellaby of Market Buy
- Space Grey Series 3 Apple Watch valued at $298, sponsored by Smoke Alarm Solutions
- SMEG kitchen appliance pack including kettle, toaster and blender of your colour choice valued at $927, sponsored by CoreLogic
- Two separate group session packages, perfect for team building, donated by Pilates on Collingwood Street valued at a total of $520
- A VIP Masterclass for two and a VIP Masterclass for up to five groups donated by Smidge Wines, valued at a total of $2,140
- A four-person package for the inaugural REIQ Golf Day on 10 June valued at $950
- A rare collector’s edition framed South Sydney jersey signed by the full 2013 squad, donated by Stuart Watts of @realty Tamworth
- A framed image of the historic 1970 Brazil v England match when Pelé and Bobby Moore swapped jerseys, signed by Pelé himself, donated by Stuart Watts of @realty Tamworth
- Stunning, matching mothers of pearl sterling silver earrings and ring complemented by a $500 gift certificate with a total value of $830 donated by Paddington’s Empire Revival
Live Auction Items
Live Online Auction Event 13 April 4pm-5pm with Apollo Auctions & Auction Live
- A weekend away for 2 people in a Spa Studio at Spicers Tamarind Retreat with breakfast, dinner and 90 minute spa treatment valued at $2,238, sponsored by PEXA
- Cube Nature Hybrid One 400 Electric Hybrid Bike Black/Red valued at $3,599 from 99 Bikes
- Pedal Lightning Step Through Electric Hybrid Bike Grey/Blue valued at $1,899 from 99 Bikes
- An 18ct white gold and 0.66ct diamond claw set ring valued at $3,500 from Robert White Jewellers
- A Wil Valor bespoke men’s or women’s suit supplied and donated by Wil Valor valued at $2,000
- Three classes for up to 10 people plus a food and beverage package donated by Pilates on Collingwood Street and Collingwood Black valued at $1,100
REIQ Flood Support Auction Terms and Conditions are here.
Fundraising support for agents and people in need
This fundraising initiative has closed. We thank everyone who contributed for their support.
The REIQ is encouraging donations from the real estate industry to support the agents, agencies and communities that have been heavily impacted by the recent flood disaster.
50 percent of the funds raised from donations will go to support for Queensland agents affected by the crisis. The remaining 50 percent will go to the REIQ’s partner Q Shelter, who will use the funds to provide direct rental assistance support for domestic and family violence victims who have been affected by the floods. Any leftover funds not required by industry will go to Q Shelter to support flood victims getting back on their feet. Make your donation here.
What we've achieved so far
The REIQ would like to thank those who volunteered their time during the weekend of 5 and 6 March, 2022. We donated $12,000 worth of food and drink and helped over 2000 people. Realestate.com.au also generously got involved with two refreshment carts donating a massive 168L of welcome cold juice!
During the weekend we provided those in nee22d;
The passion, compassion and enthusiasm from our volunteers was so heart-warming and really makes us proud of our industry!
For those who have been affected by the floods, you can access the REIQ’s fact sheet here, which outlines the available support in Queensland.